PHTA Certified Maintenance Specialist (CMS) Course - Day 1 of 3
HOURS/CEUS: 20 hours (20 PHTA CEUs)
Cost: $1,199 Early Bird Member $1,699 Early Bird Non-Member $1,399 Member $1,899 Non-Member
- Review safety and health protocols, including chemical and electrical safety, drowning and accident prevention, and environmental conditions.
- Calculate proper pool mathematics.
- Examine electrical components, heaters, filtration, chemical feeders, and control systems.
- Analyze proper maintenance planning.
The Maintenance Specialist Course (CMS) provides students a breakdown of required education to safely and adequately maintain a water vessel. Students will examine multiple modules, including chemistry, calculations, water quality, structures and finishes, circulation, heaters, controls, filtration, and electrical components. Upon successful completion of the course and CMS certification exam, students will have earned the certification title of CMS. Upon successful completion of the course and CMS certification exam, students will have earned the certification title of Certified Maintenance Specialist.
- CMS Instruction
- PHTA Service Technical Manual
- CMS Workbook
- Super Pass for 2022 PSP/Deck Expo 2022
- Lunches for the duration of the course
How to Take Your Exam:
PHTA will be offering certification exams on-site on Tuesday, November 15. There are two time slots for students to choose (excludes CPO®, which will be administered by paper after the course); times are 9:00 am- 12:00 pm or 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm. If you wish to take an exam at Expo, you must complete and submit the proper certification application for approval and pay the application fee at least two weeks prior to the start of the event.
Walk-up exam registration will be accepted, but subject to availability. We encourage you to book early to ensure a seat for testing.