D211: Elements of Design - Day 1 of 2
HOURS/CEUS: 16 Hours (1.6 IACET CEUs) (16 PHTA CEUs
Cost: $1,790 Early Bird Member $2,290 Early Bird Non-Member $1,990 Member $2,490 Non-Member
- Discuss fundamental Elements (e.g., line, color and form) and Principles (e.g., unity, balance and scale) of design.
- Define perceptual skills and a better understanding of spatial organization and spatial relationships.
- Use these concepts to design beautiful spaces that connect with the surrounding environment.
- Use your communication skills to accurately portray your design intent to the client.
This course is an introduction to the fundamentals of good design and will teach you how to lay out the different improvements in your projects (e.g. pool, spa, patio, etc). We will break the fundamentals down into two categories: the Elements of Design and the Principles of Design. Once you have a good grasp of the fundamentals, you will learn how to apply them. We will start with short practice exercises and build up to a final project: creating a master plan that includes a pool and spa.
- Drawing Supplies
- Super Pass for PSP/Deck Expo 2022
- Lunches for the duration of the course