C201: GENESIS CONSTRUCTION SCHOOL: Concrete Pools - Day 1 OF 3
HOURS/CEUS: 24 Hours (2.4 IACET CEUs) (24 PHTA CEUs) DBPR/CILB-FL #0612786 (24 hours)
Cost: $2,090 Early Bird Member $2,590 Early Bird Non-Member $2,290 Member $2,790 Non-Member
This comprehensive construction school is the only program that satisfies the education requirement to sit for CBP exam. Attendees spend three days with a team of expert faculty learning all of the necessary disciplines for building a structurally sound water vessel. Topics covered include site analysis, introductory fluid engineering, geotechnical and structural engineering that includes a review of difficult sites, shotcrete, waterproofing, tile, interior finishes, coping, and concrete decking. The course concludes with an interactive walkthrough of a complex project from start to finish. This program is designed to move each student through all phases of concrete pool construction in great detail, unlike anything else offered in the industry. Attendees have the opportunity to learn from top experts in their field, ask questions and begin a relationship with the faculty that doesn’t end when the class is over. A GENESIS course delivers the highest quality education in the industry and are the only approved courses to satisfy the requirements for the Certified Pool Builder and Design Professional Pathway.
C201 is a required course to become a Certified Builder Professional (CBP). PHTA will be offering the CBP exam on-site on Tuesday, November 15. There are two time slots for students to choose; times are 9:00 am- 12:00 pm or 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm. If you wish to take the CBP exam at Expo, you must complete and submit the CBP Application and pay the application fee at least two weeks prior to the start of the course.
- Discuss Basic Pool Plumbing, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Electrical Engineering.
- Define Layout, Forming & Excavation, Infrastructure Coordination, Shotcrete, Waterproofing.
- List Basic Tile & Coping, Concrete Decking, Pre-Plaster Preparation, Cementitious Pool Finishes.
- Discuss Startup, Punch List & Project Closeout, Project Profile.
- C201: Concrete Pools Manual
- Pool Surface Problems & Solutions Book
- Super Pass for PSP/Deck Expo 2022
- Lunches for the duration of the course